The Uniphone is an exciting new concept in TTYs, combining a TTY, VCO, HCO and amplified phone - all in one! Now, people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or hearing can all share one phone. It's the one phone for your whole family.
A full-featured TTY, the Uniphone includes a bright 2-line display and a comfortable keyboard to make TTY conversations easy. Its modern, attractive design complements any room or office.
It is perfect for making Voice Carry Over (VCO) calls. With VCO, you speak directly to the other person and read their typed responses on the display. VCO calls can be made through a toll-free relay service by dialing 711, or directly between Uniphone users for absolute privacy. In a similar way, people who can hear but cannot speak can make Hearing Carry Over (HCO) calls.
The amplified handset lets you adjust the volume to the most comfortable setting.
The Uniphone 1140 answers calls with your personalized greeting, and takes TTY messages when you are unavailable. The 8k memory lets you save and review Auto-Answer messages, conversations and your personalized greeting.
Ten speed dial locations let you reach frequently-called numbers with the touch of a button. It even includes special keys to store emergency phone numbers.
The Uniphone 1140:
- Totally NEW concept in TTYs!
- Volume control for telephone handset (20dB gain)
- Special convenience keys: Dial & Volume control
- Direct connect
- Keyboard dialing, follow-on dialing
- Call progress (says "ringing" or "busy")
- Turbo CodeÂ® and Auto IDTM
- 2-line, 2 x 24-character LCD display
- Baudot code (45.5 baud)
- 10 speed dial keys
- Special emergency, menu, and arrow keys
- Display with backlight
- 8k memory
- Built-in ring flasher
- Auto-Answer with programmable message
- Printer port to connect an external printer