See captions of everything your caller says! With 40dB amplification and large, easy-to-read captions, you'll catch every word they say over the phone with the CapTel 840. CapTel 840 works with a standard analog telephone line.
CAPTEL IS AVAILABLE FOR THE U.S. ONLY. Not available for sale to California residents. Delaware and Missouri residents need prior approval.
What you need
- Hearing loss necessitating your use of the service
- Analog telephone line(s)
- Standard electrical power
The CapTel 840 Captioned Phone shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, easy-to-read display. The CapTel 840 is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people who do not have high speed internet*. It requires a standard analog telephone line.
* Note: Because there is no internet connection with this phone, all incoming calls must go thru an automated 800 number caption service, which is free and available 24/7.
Captions are provided by a free service that connects to the call and displays every word of what your callers say. Calls you make are automatically connected to the Captioning Service to provide captions. Captions are available on calls within the United States only.
Five year manufacturer warranty with 90 day money back satisfaction guarantee!
Video testimonial from a CapTel user.
CapTel 840 Captioned Phone Features
- Incoming callers dial the automated 800 captioning service first, then enters your phone number in order for you to get captions*
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- Adjustable tone and volume control - up to 40 decibel gain
- Adjustable caption font sizes and colors
- Adjustable caption display screen tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat for mounting the phone on a wall
- 95 name/number phone book to store frequently called numbers
- Built-in answering machine takes voice messages with captions
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish language menus
- Speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
- Caller ID capable
- Works like a standard phone for people who do not need captions
- Difficulty hearing on the phone due to hearing loss
- Analog telephone line(s) (DSL supported if appropriate filter in place)
- Standard electrical power
FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING INTERNET PROTOCOL (IP) CAPTIONED TELEPHONES WITH THE CAPTIONS TURNED ON. IP Captioned Telephone Service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund. No cost is passed on to the CapTel user for using the service.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is a great phone- it looks good and performs very well!