The CapTel 840i Captioned Phone is a traditional-style captioning phone that shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, 7" easy-to-read display. The CapTel 840i is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people with low vision or who have difficulty reading standard-sized captions.
Don't have high speed Internet? Click here for information on the CapTel 840 Analog Captioned Phone
CAPTEL IS AVAILABLE FOR THE U.S. ONLY.
What you need
- Hearing loss necessitating your use of the service
- High speed Internet connection
- Home phone service
- Standard electrical power
The CapTel 840i Captioned Phone is a traditional-style phone that shows word-for-word captions of your conversation on a large, 7" easy-to-read display. The CapTel 840i is an ideal amplified captioned phone solution for people with low vision or who have difficulty reading standard-sized captions.
It connects to both your telephone and Internet service to give you the best of both worlds: voice and captions. The captions are provided by a free service that uses the Internet connection to automatically display captions for every call, quickly and accurately. Captions are available on calls within the United States only.
Five year manufacturer warranty with 90 day money back satisfaction guarantee!
Watch an overview about CapTel.
Video testimonial from a CapTel user.
What to expect after you place your CapTel Phone order
- Within two business days after you have placed your order, a CapTel representative will contact you via email to verify your information and offer installation assistance. Simply confirm your information and let us know if you would like to take advantage of free installation help. Once you respond to the email, your order will ship.
- You will have 90 days after installation to try your new CapTel phone and the captioning service. You can return the phone at any time within the 90 days for a full refund. If you decide to keep the phone, there is nothing more you need to do—just enjoy phone calls again with confidence!
CapTel 840i Captioned Phone Features
- Callers dial your phone number directly
- Standard display - no touchscreen capability
- Captions appear on all calls automatically; no need to dial through a captioning service
- Captions can be turned on or off at any time in a call
- 4 caption font sizes: small 0.15"; medium 0.2"; large 0.25"; extra large 0.33"
- Adjustable tone and volume control - up to 40 decibel gain
- Adjustable caption font sizes and colors
- Large 7" high resolution caption display tilts for comfortable reading or lies flat for mounting the phone on a wall
- 97 name/number phone book to store frequently called numbers
- Built-in answering machine takes voice messages with captions
- Answering machine has 60 recordable messages with maximum 2 minutes per message
- Spanish-to-Spanish captioning available, with Spanish language menus
- Caller ID capable
- 3 speed dial keys for one-touch dialing
- WiFi compatible
- Large buttons: 0.75" x 0.7"
- Dimensions: 9" x 6.5" x 7.5"
- Difficulty hearing on the phone due to hearing loss
- High speed Internet connection
- Home phone connection (analog, VoIP, FIOS, DSL or cable - cannot be cellular service)
- Standard electrical outlet