The perfect solution for those applications which want to have an easy-to-install visual hard-wired doorbell notification system. It is an ADA-complaint adjustable strobe signaler which can easily connect to any 24VDC doorbell system by a licensed electrician. Great for hotels, motels, dorms, and any other commercial or residential facilities.
The HW-DSW 24VDC door strobe features an advanced power saving LED technology with a full range of low and high candela settings for indoor wall mount applications. Designed in sleek, modern enclosures, its aesthetically pleasing low profile will blend with the building’s interior décor. Its high energy efficient technology leads the industry in lowest current draw for a combined high and low candela device, which reduces overall power consumption. As the first notification appliances in the industry to utilize LED as the light source, this breakthrough optical design, resulting in best-in-class efficiency, enables material and system cost savings, allowing for a greater number of appliances on the notification appliance circuit and fewer power supplies. This reduces installation and operating costs. The door strobe features six candela settings: 15, 30, 75, 110, 135, 185 cd. Approvals and synchronization meet the 20 millisecond light pulse duration requirements of the 2016 edition of NFPA 72. By meeting this latest requirement, xenon and LED devices can now be in the same field of view. The notification appliance is listed under UL Standards 1971, 1638, and 464 and under CAN/ULC-S525 and CAN/ULC-S526. The appliances are Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant and contain no mercury or other hazardous substances.
• Energy efficient
• LED technology provides industry’s lowest current draw
• Fewer power supplies required, smaller wire gage, reduced wire runs
• Low-profile design
• One of the smallest, most compact single-gang designs
• Sleek, modern aesthetics with no visible mounting screws
• 6 Field selectable settings in 1 device: 15, 30, 75, 110, 135, 185 cd
• Mounting plate included with all models: Convenient capture hinge allows installers to easily hold the device while fastening the single-mount screw in place.
• Pre-wire/pre-test capability to check for wiring and ground faults prior to appliance installation
• Finger slide switches--No tools needed for setting changes
• IN/OUT screw terminals using #12 to #18 AWG wires
• Mounting options include ELSBB, any single-gang backbox and to 4” square with adapter kit
• Strobe synchronization
• Meets synchronizing standards
• Ability to mix xenon and LED strobes in the same field of view
• Compliance • NFPA 72 2016 - 20 ms flash duration requirements
• UL 1971, UL 1638, UL 464, ULC-S525, ULC-S526
Note: Please read these specifications and associated installation instructions, before using, specifying, or installing this product.
Material: White textured UV stabilized, colored impregnated engineered plastic. Exceeds 94V-0 UL flammability rating
Weight: 0.35 lbs
Lens: Light Emitting Diode (LED) in a rugged Lexan lens
Dimensions: 4.79” H x 2.76” W x 1.18” D , Trimplate: 5.25” H x 4.58” W x 0.32” D
Operating Temperature Indoor: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C) and maximum humidity of 93%
Regulating Voltage Range: 16.0 – 33.0 VDC
• Strobes are designed to flash at 1 flash per second minimum over their “Regulated Voltage Range.” Note that NFPA-72 specifies a flash rate of 1 to 2 flashes per second and ADA Guidelines specify a flash rate of 1 to 3 flashes per second.
• All candela ratings represent minimum effective strobe intensity based on UL 1971.
*Note: A licensed electrician must install this device.
Our (optional) doorbell timer relay can adjust the length of the strobe flash of your hard-wired doorbell system from 3 to 60 seconds.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This door signal works very well with the projects I have for apartments that have tenants which are hearing impaired.